High bail for alleged owner of Adams St. gun and drug cache

An Adams St. residence last week appeared to double as a drug and weapons warehouse, as police uncovered a large cache of guns, marijuana and crack cocaine there.

The cache allegedly stashed away at the 349 Adams St. home contained, according to police, three guns, over 150 rounds of ammunition, 58 grams of crack cocaine, two large bags of marijuana, two bulletproof vests and a police scanner.

They also found digital scales and $600 in cash, according to police.

The alleged owner of the stash, Bobby Jackson, 36, had bail set last week at $150,000 in Dorchester District Court. His next court date is Feb. 29.

Jackson, who lives at the residence with his 56-year-old mother and 14-year-old brother, pleaded not guilty on all counts.

Boston Police officers picked up Jackson on Jan. 30 near the intersection of Dorchester Ave. and Gibson St. and then later, with warrants, searched his room.

According to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley's office, Jackson allegedly told officers as he was getting booked, "Everything in my bedroom is mine. My mother and brother have nothing to do with this."

Seeking harsher penalties and longer prison times, Conley's office said they would try to get the case moved to Suffolk Superior Court.

Drug suspect gets jail time, lecture from judge

A Boston judge on Tuesday called out a Dorchester 20-year-old as a symptom of the city's crime problem, saying he and others were "clogging the court system."

Whether it's in South Boston, Brighton, East Boston and elsewhere, "Everywhere it's the same," said Judge Michael Coyne, before the man pleaded guilty to drug charges in Dorchester District Court.

Yancey Williams, of 110 Greenbrier St., was sentenced to 60 days at the Suffolk County House of Correction over a drug charge.

After the sentencing, Coyne told him, "I don't want to see you again." Motioning to the half-dozen family members in the courtroom, Coyne added, "They obviously think there's some worth to you. I do, too."

The family members then, left the courtroom, shouting, "Thank you, Your Honor."

Coyne is an associate justice at Boston Municipal Court.

Family members declined comment afterward.

Homeless teen arrested for breaking into Little House

A homeless teen was arrested last week for breaking into the Little House Community School in Dorchester. Migdoel Montanez, 18, of Dorchester, was held on $200 bail.

Dorchester District Court Judge Sydney Hanlon ordered him back to court on Feb. 25.

Around 1:41 on Jan. 30, Alliance Security officers shined a light into the 275 East Cottage St. school, leading to Montanez running out the back into another officer, according to police.

Inside a bag he had with him were four digital cameras and a camcorder, police said.

Boston police from District C-11 met the security officers. Montanez, who said he had once attended programs at the school, allegedly apologized for taking the items but added he needed the money, police said.

Pair convicted to 10 to 15 years for gun crimes

Two Dorchester men were this week sentenced to 10 to 15 years in state prison, after they were found guilty Friday of illegally carrying guns and ammunition. Terrell Dilworth, 31, and Paul McKenzie III, 31, were sentenced to 10 years and 15 years, respectively, by Suffolk Superior Court Judge Thomas Connolly.

Dilworth had been convicted of gun crimes in 1995 and 2004, while McKenzie had a 1994 gun conviction, a 2002 assault on a Boston police officer and a 2004 drug charge, according to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley's office.

The charges stem from Boston police responding to a Woodledge St. party in Dec. 16, 2006.

Coming in through the back, officers stumbled upon the two with trash bags filled with guns and ammunition, according to Conley's office. A third man near the scene, Trevis Webb, 35, has been acquitted of all charges.

Drugs were found on McKenzie's person during booking, Conley's office added.

18-year-old held without bail in pizza shop shooting

The 18-year-old accused of shooting a Norfolk St. pizza shop owner over $60 was held without bail Tuesday in Suffolk Superior Court.

Gary Johnson, of Roxbury, was charged with first-degree murder of Mumin Manavoglu, 47, of Brockton, who was shot in an early morning armed robbery attempt on Nov. 1.

A pre-trial conference will be held March 20.

Johnson allegedly grabbed the money and took off down Norfolk St. and Manavoglu followed. Johnson fired two shots, the second hitting Manavoglu, according to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley's office.

A police cruiser picked up Johnson on Edson St., as Manavoglu was sent to Boston Medical Center, where he died the next evening.

According to Conley's office, Johnson told police, "I'm sorry the man got shot."

Grand jury indicts in Geneva Ave. stabbing

A Guatemalan immigrant from Dorchester was indicted by a Suffolk County grand jury this week in the alleged murder of a Quincy man.

Emiliano Galicia, 42, was charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Ruben Najera on the victim's twenty-eighth birthday, according to Suffolk District Daniel Conley's office. Prosecutors had originally accused him of first-degree murder.

Galicia was due to be arraigned on Wednesday, after the Reporter went to press, in Suffolk Superior Court, moving the case out of Dorchester District Court. Galicia was held without bail on Dec. 13 in that court.

He was arrested Dec. 10 in connection with the Nov. 21 fatal stabbing at 519 Geneva Ave.

John Hayes, the court-appointed attorney for Galicia, had told the Dorchester court that Galicia was acting in self-defense and cooperated with police.

Gintautas Dumcius covers court proceedings and law enforcement for the Reporter. He can be reached at gin.dumcius@gmail.com.

Gintautas Dumcius covers court proceedings and law enforcement for the Reporter. He can be reached at gin.dumcius@gmail.com.