Firefighters rescue kids from bedroom when their house catches on fire

The Boston Fire Department reports a basement short circuit sparked a fire that spread to the first floor of 116 Adams St. around 3:30 Friday afternoon.

Local 718 reports the initial call came from children in their bedroom. Firefighters got them out OK, however. The Red Cross responded to the fire scene to help one adult and four children find alternate housing because of the damage, which the department estimated at $75,000.