Boston Police are investigating an overnight break-in at the Cristo Rey-Boston  high school at 100 Savin Hill Ave. that included the theft of computers and one of the school's passenger vans. The incident was discovered when the school's janitor opened the doors of the building this morning around 6 a.m.
Jeffrey Thielman, the president of Cristo Rey-Boston, said that three rooms inside the building had been ransacked. It was unclear at this point how the thief — or thieves— gained entry, Thielman said.
"We think about 15 computers have been taken," Thielman told the Reporter.
Also stolen: a black van that the school purchased used last year to help transport some of its students to after-school job sites. All of Cristo Rey's students work throughout the school year and about 20 percent are shuttled to locations north and south of the city using three vans. The other 80 percent of the students use public transportation to commute into the city.
"We're hoping for a quick arrest," Thielman said. "Boston Police and Captain Sexton at Area C-11 have been great. They responded right away."
News of the incident was first highlighted this morning on the Savin Hill Facebook page.