Celebrate the holiday season with your favorite Boston authors at the 2013 Hometown Authors Reception to benefit ReadBoston. Mayor Thomas M. Menino presents some of the city’s most beloved authors at Hotel Commonwealth for a holiday reception where guests can meet the writers, shop their latest releases and receive a personal inscription. The books make a treasured keepsake or thoughtful gift for the season. Complimentary beer, wine and light hors d’oeuvres will be served.
This year’s featured authors include:
• Jack Beatty | The Rascal King| Age of Betrayal | The Lost History of 1914
• Nichole Bernier | The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D.
• Daniel Bruce | Simply New England
• Kevin Cullen & Shelley Murphy |Whitey Bulger
• Joe Finder | High Crimes | Paranoia | Company Men | Killer Instinct
• Meredith Goldstein | The Singles
• Paul Harding | Tinkers (Pulitzer Prize-winner)
• Susan Hood | The Tooth Mouse
• Jason Landry | Instant Connections
• Eve LaPlante| American Jezebel | My Heart is Boundless |Marmee and Louisa
• Kathryn Lasky | Guardians of Ga’Hoole
• Bill Littlefield | Only a Game | Fall Classics | The Circus in the Woods
• Pat Lowery Collins | The Deer Watch
• Jackie MacMullan | When the Game Was Ours | Bird Watching
• William Martin | Back Bay | City of Dreams | The Lincoln Letter
• Brian McGrory | Buddy | Strangled | The Incumbent
• Claire Messud| The Emperor’s Children
• Robert Pinsky | Thousands of Broadways | The Life of David
• Jim Ring | Necessary Assets | Erksine Childers
• Hank Phillippi Ryan | Drive Time | Air Time | Face Time | Prime Time
• Susan A. Shea | Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?
• Casey Sherman | Animal | The Finest Hours | Bad Blood
• J. Courtney Sullivan |The Engagements | Maine | Commencement
• Larry Summers |Trading Blocs | Investing in All the People
• Phil Vitti | The Passage
WHEN: Monday, December 9, 2013
6:00 – 8:00 PM
WHERE: Hotel Commonwealth
500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston
TICKETS: $35/person (all proceeds benefit ReadBoston); includes complimentary beer, wine and light hors d’oeuvres.
To purchase tickets in advance, please call 617-918-5289 or visit http://readboston.eventbrite.com/?s=19552687 .
Tickets may also be purchased at the door.
Please Note: Books are not included in the price of admission; books are available for purchase separately at the event.