A fire that broke out shortly before 8 a.m. on Wednesday at 116 Hazelton St. quickly went to two alarms, the Boston Fire Department reports.
The department described the cause of the fire: "Second floor resident was burning old mail in stairway. Fire got away from her and traveling to the finished attic."
One resident was transported to Brigham and Women's Hospital with facial burns caused by the third-floor fire in the two-family home. Five people were displaced by the fire, which did an estimated $250,000 in damage, the department says.