Photo by Boston Fire Department.
A fire that began at 15 Woolson St. sometime before 6 a.m. Friday jumped to the neighboring 19 Woolson St. and went to three alarms before it was put out, the Boston Fire Department reports.
Working smoke detectors alerted residents, all of whom escaped without injury, thanks to working smoke detectors, the department says. The department says the fire, which started on the third floor of 15 Woolson, did an estimated $400,000 in damage to the two buildings, and that it was sparked by a short circuit.
Deputy Chief Jay Fleming holds one of the smoke
detectors that activated (photo by BFD).