Ongoing repairs and painting on the Granite Avenue drawbridge will trigger more lane closures this weekend and through next month. The bridge will stay open through the work, state officials say, but the lane restrictions will likely cause back-ups during daytime hours.
The time frame for lane closures announced by the Department of Transportation (MassDOT) on Thurs., Nov. 19 include:
• Sat., Nov. 21 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• Sun,, Nov. 22 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• Mon., November 23, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• Seven days per week through December 9, there will be nighttime lane takings from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following day.
• No lane closures will occur starting at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, November 24 through 5 a.m. on Monday, November 30.
“Drivers who are traveling through the area should reduce speed and use caution,” the MassDOT advisory continued. “All scheduled work is weather dependent and may be impacted due to an emergency.”